Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/29 17:08:23 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.10 candidate 1

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.5.10. It fixes 44 issues,
including CVE fixes,
log4j1 removal (using reload4j from now) and various other bug fixes
(thread leaks, data
corruption, snapshotting and SASL related fixes).

Please note, we announced 3.5 to be EOL from June 1st 2022, so most likely
this will be our
last 3.5 release.

The full release notes is available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12349434

*** Please download, test and vote by June 3rd 2022, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.5.10-rc1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.5.10/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.5.10-rc1

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

The staging version of the website is:
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.5.10-rc1/website/

Should we release this candidate?

Best regards,
Máté

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.10 candidate 1

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- I built the java code (-DskipTests) on Ubuntu 20.04, using:
  - maven 3.6.3 and 3.8.5
  - OpenJDK 8u212, 8u322, 11.0.15, 17.0.3 and 18.0.1

- I built the full source code (-Pfull-build) on Ubuntu 20.04 using OpenJDK
8u212 and maven 3.6.3
- all the unit tests passed (both Java and C-client)
- I also built and executed unit tests for zkpython
- checkstyle and spotbugs passed
- apache-rat passed
- owasp (CVE check) passed
- I executed quick rolling-upgrade tests (using
https://github.com/symat/zk-rolling-upgrade-test):
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.9  to 3.5.10
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.6.3
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.7.1
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.10  to 3.8.0
- checked generated documentation
- compared generated release notes (
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.5.10-rc1/website/releasenotes.html)
with Jira (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12349434
)
- checked the signature and checksum of the artifacts
- run some smoke tests using both the binary distribution
(apache-zookeeper-3.5.10-bin.tar.gz) and on a freshly compiled version
(based on apache-zookeeper-3.5.10.tar.gz)

Best regards,
Máté

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
Thank you for your efforts on this release, Máté!

Chris Nauroth

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- verified signatures, checksums,
- opened some web pages,
- rat, spotbugs, checkstyle clean,
- build successful with unit tests on Ubuntu 22.04,
- verified local 3-node cluster w/ and w/o SSL,
- logging looks good, TRACE logging works.

Thanks,
Andor