Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mark McWhinney <ms...@portata.com> on 2006/02/12 16:47:13 UTC

Sizing remote servers

Hello,

I will have a project coming up where the client wants to generate requests
at the rate of 175 requests per second.  (It is a large, well established
on-line business with a lot of traffic.)

Are there any rules of thumb that I can use to approximate how many PCs I
will need to be able to comfortably sustain that rate?

Thanks,

Mark

RE: Sizing remote servers

Posted by Mark McWhinney <ms...@portata.com>.
I will have five dual-CPU PCs, so it sounds like I should be at least in the
ball park.  Thanks.

I've certainly been able to generate over 200 requests per second on a
WinXP PC 1.2GHz 1.5GB Ram using 20 threads and a single HTTP request
to Tomcat running locally.

That was using GUI mode - non-GUI mode uses fewer resources.

S.

Re: Sizing remote servers

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Depends on a lot of things: