Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Alina Kazi <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/14 10:58:53 UTC

Nodejs and Apache Royale for server side

Hi,

I have a question regarding this
https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/features/nodejs
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-docs%2Ffeatures%2Fnodejs&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ced87dcecf3214f892db008d7f7d9a17f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C637250386398099850&sdata=udLr7B5lmdJJDAQTGeAt1SQYSMQOGXaxwSXy1pTykPc%3D&reserved=0>

What about the results of using node js with apache royale?

Which executable will be faster apache royale with nodejs or only nodejs or
only apache royale?

- Alina Kazi

Re: Nodejs and Apache Royale for server side

Posted by Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek <e....@yandex.com>.
This already is possible take a look at redtamarin open source project.

Server side Actionscript

Josh can you see if this thread can be useful for automatic externs generation
via Haxe and some tool that Microsoft is also developing?

I need your expertise on this thread.

Typescript to Haxe externs might be used for AS3

<[joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev](mailto:joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev)> wrote:

>> You can use npm modules like Express in ActionScript. However, you need to
create type definitions for them. Here's a tutorial:

<[alinakazi1990@gmail.com](mailto:alinakazi1990@gmail.com)> wrote:

>>> That's really awesome if we can use Apache Royale on server side as well.
>
>  Like we use mx s html jewel in namespaces and use them. Is it possible to
>  use node similarly?
>  What i wanted to know for both frontend and backend side. Like middleware
>  express etc are the core of nodejs. Can we use them directly in our
>  actionscript code to get the benefit of nodejs into Apache Royale.
>
>  -Alina Kazi
>

>  On Fri, 15 May 2020, 12:23 am Josh Tynjala,
<[joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev](mailto:joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev)>
>  wrote:
>
>  > Yes, it should be possible to write backend code with ActionScript and
>  > Apache Royale. It compiles to JavaScript, which must be run using
Node.js.
>  >
>  > I don't think a lot of people are using Apache Royale with Node.js yet,
so
>  > there won't be much documentation besides what you've already found, and
>  > there may be some bugs.
>  >
>  > \--
>  > Josh Tynjala
>  > Bowler Hat LLC <<https://bowlerhat.dev>>
>  >
>  >
>  > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM Apache Royale
<[alinakazi1990@gmail.com](mailto:alinakazi1990@gmail.com)>
>  > wrote:
>  >
>  >> Thank you Josh.
>  >> Can we use Apache Royale for both frontend and backend/serverside? As
now
>  >> people are using nodejs for backend as well.
>  >>
>  >> -Alina Kazi
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> On Thu, 14 May 2020, 8:59 pm Josh Tynjala,
<[joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev](mailto:joshtynjala@bowlerhat.dev)>
>  >> wrote:
>  >>
>  >> > There really isn't going to be a serious performance difference
between
>  >> > running Node.js with regular JavaScript versus running Node.js with
>  >> > ActionScript compiled to JavaScript. In the end, it all ends up being
>  >> > JavaScript.
>  >> >
>  >> > \--
>  >> > Josh Tynjala
>  >> > Bowler Hat LLC <<https://bowlerhat.dev>>
>  >> >
>  >> >
>  >> > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 3:59 AM Alina Kazi
<[alinakazi1990@gmail.com](mailto:alinakazi1990@gmail.com)>
>  >> > wrote:
>  >> >
>  >> >> Hi,
>  >> >>
>  >> >> I have a question regarding this
>  >> >> <https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/features/nodejs>
>  >> >> <
>  >> >>
>  >>
[https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-
docs%2Ffeatures%2Fnodejs&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ced87dcecf3214f892db008d7f7d9a17f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C637250386398099850&sdata=udLr7B5lmdJJDAQTGeAt1SQYSMQOGXaxwSXy1pTykPc%3D&reserved=0](https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-
docs%2Ffeatures%2Fnodejs&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ced87dcecf3214f892db008d7f7d9a17f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C637250386398099850&sdata=udLr7B5lmdJJDAQTGeAt1SQYSMQOGXaxwSXy1pTykPc%3D&reserved=0)
>  >> >> >
>  >> >>
>  >> >>
>  >> >>
>  >> >> What about the results of using node js with apache royale?
>  >> >>
>  >> >> Which executable will be faster apache royale with nodejs or only
>  >> nodejs
>  >> >> or
>  >> >> only apache royale?
>  >> >>
>  >> >>
>  >> >> \- Alina Kazi
>  >> >>
>  >> >
>  >>
>  >

\--
Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

Re: Nodejs and Apache Royale for server side

Posted by Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek <e....@yandex.com>.
Check that thread title I make a link to the article.

https://community.haxe.org/t/use-typescript-definitions-with-haxe-dts2hx-is-
ready-to-use/2440/7

I think there will be no need for manual externs definition anymore

> [...]

docs%2Ffeatures%2Fnodejs&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ced87dcecf3214f892db008d7f7d9a17f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C637250386398099850&sdata=udLr7B5lmdJJDAQTGeAt1SQYSMQOGXaxwSXy1pTykPc%3D&reserved=0](https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-
docs%2Ffeatures%2Fnodejs&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ced87dcecf3214f892db008d7f7d9a17f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C637250386398099850&sdata=udLr7B5lmdJJDAQTGeAt1SQYSMQOGXaxwSXy1pTykPc%3D&reserved=0)
>  >> >> >
>  >> >>
>  >> >>
>  >> >>
>  >> >> What about the results of using node js with apache royale?
>  >> >>
>  >> >> Which executable will be faster apache royale with nodejs or only

\--

Posted by Apache Royale <al...@gmail.com>.
That's great.

-Alina Kazi