Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Dillard <dd...@symantec.com> on 2013/08/05 21:26:11 UTC

Axis2 use of Apache Commons HTTP Client 3.1

I see that the Apache Commons HTTP Client is distributed with Axis2 1.6.2  Commons HTTP Client has been EOL for several years now (see http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/) as it migrated to the Apache HttpCore and HttpClient projects.  In addition, there is one known vulnerability in HTTP Client 3.1 (see http://cvedetails.com/cve-details.php?t=1&cve_id=CVE-2012-5783) that was never fixed because the project was EOL.

Given these issues, has any consideration been given to moving to the supported HttpClient project?

Thanks,

David

Re: Axis2 use of Apache Commons HTTP Client 3.1

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 trunk is already upgraded to use HttpClient4
(for CommonsHTTPTransportSender) [1], along with still maintaining the
support for HttpClient3.

Thanks,
Kishanthan
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4318