Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com> on 2005/11/15 00:06:47 UTC

new testimonial?

Python has started using svn for development:

   http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html#subversion-svn

This seems like a pretty high-profile project... maybe we should list
it on our testimonials page, up near KDE, ASF, Mono, etc.?

Also, has GCC "officially" switched over yet?  That would be great to list too.

Re: new testimonial?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
On 11/14/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com> wrote:
> Python has started using svn for development:
> [...]
> Also, has GCC "officially" switched over yet?  That would be great to list too.

GCC and Python our now listed on our testimonials page, as of r17385.

Re: new testimonial?

Posted by Jim Blandy <ji...@red-bean.com>.
On 11/14/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com> wrote:
> Also, has GCC "officially" switched over yet?  That would be great to list too.

Yes --- on http://gcc.gnu.org, it says:

News/Announcements

October 26, 2005
    GCC has moved from CVS to SVN for revision control.

Re: new testimonial?

Posted by Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org>.
On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 18:06 -0600, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> Python has started using svn for development:
>
>    http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html#subversion-svn
>
> This seems like a pretty high-profile project... maybe we should list
> it on our testimonials page, up near KDE, ASF, Mono, etc.?
>
> Also, has GCC "officially" switched over yet?  That would be great to list too.

Yes.
I keep meaning to edit the www page, but forget.
:)

Re: new testimonial?

Posted by Andrew Boothman <an...@mux.org.uk>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> Python has started using svn for development:

Not quite a testimonial yet but from
<http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=19242>
"As of 2005-11, SourceForge.net staff are actively working to prepare a
beta service offering related to the Subversion SCM. This offering will
be provided in addition to our existing CVS service; there are no plans
to discontinue CVS service. Pre-requisite analysis work has been
initiated and hardware has been ordered."

Having subversion support for Sourceforge projects will be an enabler
for many open source projects to convert to subversion I think.

Andrew