Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jacob Brunson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/13 23:41:44 UTC

Extending scoring plugin

I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.

I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
the search query and the site is from a particular site.

I thought that I could do this by extending the OPICScoringFilter
class.  Is this the best way to handle this problem, or is there a
different more preferred way?

--
http://JacobBrunson.com

Re: Extending scoring plugin

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Jacob Brunson wrote:
> orry, maybe I should have made myself a little more clear.  I know I
> can increase the boost generally on title matches, but what I want is
> to further increase the boost on title matches ONLY IF the url is from
> domain XYZ.com

Depending on whether you need this change to carry across the crawls
(i.e. to affect the score values inside the database) you could
implement it as a ScoringFilter, or if you only need to affect the
search-time ranking - as an IndexingFilter. In the latter case, the
score values in crawldb would not be affected.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Extending scoring plugin

Posted by Jacob Brunson <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/06, Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> wrote:
> > I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
> > could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.
> >
> > I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
> > the search query and the site is from a particular site.
>
> Take a look to the nutch-default.xml there you already can configure
> the wight of that.

Sorry, maybe I should have made myself a little more clear.  I know I

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
> I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
> could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.
>
> I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
> the search query and the site is from a particular site.

Take a look to the nutch-default.xml there you already can configure
the wight of that.

Stefan