Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com> on 2015/11/11 00:05:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-myriad-0.1.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Myriad 0.1.0-incubating, release
candidate 1.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Here’s the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYRIAD/Release+Notes

The commit to be voted upon is tagged with "myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc1"
and is available here:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-myriad/repo?p=incubator-myriad.git;a=commit;h=9f0fa15bfaa4fdc309ada27126567a2aa5bf296b

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/myriad/myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/myriad/myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc1/>*

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/smarella.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Myriad 0.1.0-incubating.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Myriad 0.1.0-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:
+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Santosh

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-myriad-0.1.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by Aashreya Shankar <as...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
Binaries building successfully.
Ran it on a 5 node cluster.
CGS/FGS NMs come up as expected with right resources.
Able to run hadoop jobs without any issues.

Thank you
Aashreya Ravi Shankar

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.
Downloaded rc1 tar.gz
* Verified md5 and sha512 hashes successfully
* Built binaries successfully
* Deployed on 3 node MapR cluster
* Tested NM flexup/flexdown with HA enabled and disabled.
* Tried Framework Shutdown.
All operations worked as expected.

+1

Regards
Swapnil

Posted by Brandon Gulla <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Brandon

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-myriad-0.1.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 ship it!

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.
I reworked our Vagrant. It is now a 1 step `vagrant up` that sets up the
VM, installs everything and starts mesos and hadoop. I also learned that
node doesn't like being run under Vagrant because Vagrant doesn't allow
symlinks. I added a node config file that turns off symbolic links. It
means more disk when built under Vagrant, but it builds.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad/pull/43

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sarjeet Singh <sa...@maprtech.com>.
Yes, it is used for vagrant.

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Looks like vagrant is mentioned in multiple places in documentation (.md
files). I'm sure we have it mentioned in wiki as well.

What does it take to fix vagrant setup? I'm trying to see if it's easier to
remove vagrant support from the release or fix the setup for the release.

Thoughts ?

Santosh

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.