Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Giorgi Javrishvili <Gi...@project-solution.de> on 2009/11/12 10:03:47 UTC

[Trinidad] Problem with HTC opera browser

Hi all,

I apologize if it's incorrect mailing list for this post. I would be
grateful if someone would forward it then to "right guys".

Can it be that Trinidad hasn't been tested with Opera browser of any of
HTC touch mobile phones?

I'm using version 1.2.12 of Trinidad and discovered a problem with HTC
Touch Diamond 2. Problem occurs in method _populateOperaAgentImpl(String
agent, AgentImpl agentObj) of class AgentFactoryImpl at Line: 726:

agentObj.setAgentVersion(agent.substring(operaIndex + 6,firstSpace));

Reason: Value of variable agent is "HTC_Touch_Diamond2_T5353 Opera/9.50
(Windows NT 5.1; U; de)". So, firstSpace is less then operaIndex and
substring(..) causes Exception.

It seems that the same happens with all HTC touch devices (see the list
of User Agents on the bottom of following page:
http://www.handsetdetection.com/devices/properties/HTC/htc_touch_ver1 ).

Many thanks and best Regards,

Giorgi Javrishvili

Re: [Trinidad] Problem with HTC opera browser

Posted by Mamallan Uthaman <ma...@oracle.com>.
Hi Giorgi,

Yes, I believe Trinidad is not tested against the Opera browser of HTC
since it is not popular at this moment. Could you please create a JIRA
bug for this?

Thanks
Mamallan