Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2017/01/11 07:56:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.4.0, release candidate #2

Hi all,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 0.4.0,
as follows:

[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:

    * JIRA release notes [1],
    * the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org
 [2],
    * all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3][4],
    * source code tag "v0.4.0-incubating-RC1_2.11" (for scala 2.11) and
"v0.4.0-incubating-RC1_2.10" (for scala 2.10) [5][6],
    * website pull request listing the release [7] and publishing the API
reference manual.

A simple instruction for validation the source and binary packages.

- source package: building the package with "*mvn clean apache-rat:check
package findbugs:check -DskipTests*"

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PPMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Sijie

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
projectId=12320620&version=12337980
[2]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/distributedlog/0.4.0-incubating-RC2/
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedistributedlog-1003/
[4]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedistributedlog-1004/
[5]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/tree/v0.4.0-incubating-RC1_2.11
[6]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/tree/v0.4.0-incubating-RC1_2.10
[7] https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/pull/109

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.4.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Xi Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1

- verified the source package (both 2.10 and 2.11)
- verified the binary package using dlog and bench
- md5, asc look good

(I am okay with dealing with log4j in next release)

- Xi

Posted by liang xie <xi...@gmail.com>.
Filed DL-188.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by liang xie <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
+ dev@

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by liang xie <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Juma <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

checked followings:

- packages are good, checksum and signatures are good
- apache-rat passed
- compiled and ran tests

- Jay

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Excited to see this happen!

- kn

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@twitter.com.invalid

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
Ack, thank you folks! I am going to conclude the vote thread today.

- Sijie

Posted by liang xie <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.