Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Verma, Sahil" <sv...@dxc.com> on 2022/05/11 18:01:44 UTC

Help Needed for Root cause - ApacheTomcat services stopped

Hi Team,

In our production environment, ApacheTomcat services went down. We have checked the logs and found below error -

[Thu May 05 10:34:51.441668 2022] [mpm_event:error] [pid 27440:tid 140464737793792] AH00484: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting

Please help to find the root cause of the issue why services got stopped. Kindly let us know if any other information required.

Apache version - 2.2
OS - Linux

Thanks,
Sahil

DXC Technology India Private Limited - 9th Floor, Block-D Littlewood Tower, TRIL Info Park Ramanujan IT City, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani, Chennai - 600113. CIN: U72900TN2015FTC102489.
DXC Technology Company -- This message is transmitted to you by or on behalf of DXC Technology Company or one of its affiliates. It is intended exclusively for the addressee. The substance of this message, along with any attachments, may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information that is otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate any part of this message. If you have received this message in error, please destroy and delete all copies and notify the sender by return e-mail. Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind DXC Technology Company or any of its affiliates to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Re: Help Needed for installation of apache-tomcat-8.5.5

Posted by Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de>.
On 08.10.22 05:09, Verma, Sahil wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We have a requirement to install Tomcat 8.5.5 version in Linux
> environment. Please help with steps of downloading the package and
> installation steps.
>
> Linux version -  Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.6

You have a requirement to install a 6 years old version of a software on
a current Enterprise-labelled OS?

I'd say: Start with the documentation
(https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/setup.html), but use the
current release - if you want to use Tomcat 8.5, use 8.5.82 (at the time
of writing this)

If you need other steps, please be more specific about what you need.

Olaf

Help Needed for installation of apache-tomcat-8.5.5

Posted by "Verma, Sahil" <sv...@dxc.com>.
Hi Team,

We have a requirement to install Tomcat 8.5.5 version in Linux environment. Please help with steps of downloading the package and installation steps.

Linux version -  Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.6

Thanks and Regards,
Sahil Verma
AMS Middleware shared Team.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D8DAF1.15A5CAB0]

Galaxy IT Park, Tower-A 44/45, Sector 62, Noida-201307, India
Mobile: +91-9643206413 | sverma69@dxc.com<ma...@dxc.com> | www.dxc.technology<http://www.dxc.technology/>
OoO:
dxc.technology<http://www.dxc.technology/> / Twitter<https://twitter.com/dxctechnology> / Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/DXCTechnology/> / LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/dxctechnology>

RE: Help Needed for Root cause - ApacheTomcat services stopped

Posted by "Verma, Sahil" <sv...@dxc.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for the valuable information. It will surely help us to find the root cause of the issue. We are monitoring our environment as per your suggestions.

Regards,
Sahil

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello Sahil,

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mpm_common.html#maxrequestworkers

Another option would be to activate and check tomcat-manager about the currently processed requests or use Apachetop (https://linux.die.net/man/1/apachetop)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Sahil,

On 5/11/22 14:56, Verma, Sahil wrote:
> Yes, we are using both Apache & Tomcat environment.
>
> Apache - 2.4.25 version
> Tomcat - 8.5.5 version

If this version number is correct, you should *seriously* consider
upgrading to the latest Tomcat 8.5.x release. That release is more than
5 years old and contains published security vulnerabilities.

> You are correct, we got this error in Apache webserver logs. We are
> attaching both Apache httpd (error.log) and Tomcat (Catalina.out) logs
>
> Please let us know if any other information required.

Are you sure you actually have a problem? Or is the only problem that
you are seeing this message in your log files?

For example, are you observing any decrease in availability or
performance when you see these messages appear in the logs?

-chris

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.