Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <to...@rwsoft-online.com> on 2002/12/06 23:48:43 UTC

Tomcat standalone + SSL.

Hello there... I have asked this question before but maybe with the
wrong subject, so here i try again.

I have a web app that needs to use SSL at one point, but not from the
beginning. Now i understand tat once i start using SSL i need to stay in
that mode, and that is fine.

My problem is that when i'm in https mode, i need to get from the
session some objects that were put there when the app was using http
mode.

I asumme this is becouse tomcat is creating a new session and encrypting
it's id when https is used.

But how can i have access to those objects?

Has anyone experienced this situation? How did you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tomcat standalone + SSL.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <to...@rwsoft-online.com>.
I think i've been schooled in this already, so please disregard this
unless still want to comment on it... Thanks again and sorry for this
post, but it was made one minute before I was kindly informed by Milt
Epstein that there is no way of doing what i ask here...