Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/18 06:24:04 UTC

MiA touches top 20 in Amazon Categories

As a proxy for interest in Mahout, I note that tonight that Mahout in
Action hit (just) the top 20 in the Programming / Java and Programming /
Algorithms on Amazon and has edged into the top 15,000 books overall.

This sounds like there is definitely widespread interest in Mahout and
scalable data mining!

Re: MiA touches top 20 in Amazon Categories

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 18.11.2011 Ted Dunning wrote:
> As a proxy for interest in Mahout, I note that tonight that Mahout in
> Action hit (just) the top 20 in the Programming / Java and Programming /
> Algorithms on Amazon and has edged into the top 15,000 books overall.
>
> This sounds like there is definitely widespread interest in Mahout and
> scalable data mining!

Congratulations to the authors. And thanks for the effort you put into that
book!

Isabel

Re: MiA touches top 20 in Amazon Categories

Posted by Raphael Cendrillon <ce...@gmail.com>.
The current version of MiA actually comes with a PDF eBook, with audio content attached. Although smell-o-vision is probably still work in progress :)

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: MiA touches top 20 in Amazon Categories

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Awesome, congratulations to the authors!

Frank

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
congrats to authors!