Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/21 18:38:47 UTC

SVN Reorg

I'd like to start doing the SVN reorg this Thursday.  I propose that
on Thursday AM, Manfred temporarily disable SVN commit access to all
but Manfred and myself.  I'll also request that SVN emails be turned
off temporarily while we move things.  I'll then do the SVN reorg on
Thursday and we can reactivate SVN commit and the emails.

I've worked everything out in a test SVN repository and the new
structure is nearly identical to what was discussed in my earlier
thread.  Ultimately I think we should just go ahead and move it and
see if we are all happy with the results.  We can make minor changes
to the structure without any problems.

There are a few things that will have to be sorted out after the
initial phase.  One example is unit tests which are kind of scattered.
 Things like this which are not totally essential will not be moved.
Before the move I will label the current repository as
(BEFORE_SVN_REORG) or something so that we can always checkout by this
label and see everything in the old layout.  Then we can move
individual files that weren't handled in the initial phase on a case
by case basis.

Also, this will obviously break all of the builds (including the
nightly builds.)  I'll start on the new scripts on Friday and
hopefully we'll have things back up and running within a few days.

I will need lots of help cleaning things up and sorting things out
over the next few days.  There is a lot that predates my involvement
in the project and I can only take us so far on my own.  I think I
have a handle on the crucial stuff and I did a lot of the work on the
builds so we should be ok as far as the bare minimum stuff.

Let me know what folks think about this plan.

sean

Re: SVN Reorg

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.  I skipped the codegen stuff for the initial
pass.  We can (and will) deal with it eventually.  Some of it appears
to be necessary for the WAP stuff (which belongs in tomahawk) so I
have to think on that a bit.

sean

Re: SVN Reorg

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: SVN Reorg

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

You were correct at the time of your posting but the location has moved
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/tags/before_svn_reorg.)

Out of curiosity, why do you need the old source code?  The new code
should suffice.  The build process is almost complete but for now you
can certainly compile in any IDE.

sean

Re: SVN Reorg

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: SVN Reorg

Re: SVN Reorg

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Poor Matze!

the ISP can now put on their homepage that they have healed an
internet addict ;)

regards,

Martin

Re: SVN Reorg