Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2017/03/06 09:27:28 UTC

Releasing 2.0.8?

Hi all

apart from the LockRecursionException Joe has fixed, we probably should
also bring back support for LogicalThreadContext for the .NET Standard
build.

I'll try to find time to build the release during the coming days, is
there anything that should be done before starting the release process?

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2017-03-07, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2017-03-07, Dominik Psenner wrote:

>> *hm*

>> Rereading the patch its probably safe to just apply the patch [1] and
>> check if all the unittests pass.

>> [1]
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12852105/log4net-DebugAppenderCategory3.patch

> That's something I can do, I'll run them on the zoo of platforms I use
> to build releases.

Done. All trunk tests pass on .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 as well as .NET Core
1.0 - all tests that didn't fail before applying the patch also pass on
Mono 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0.

I've committed the patch and closed LOG4NET-553.

Stefan

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

On 2017-03-06, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> Testing and applying the patch for LOG4NET-553 is on my todo, but
> can't see when I can free the spare time to actually get it done.

I see.

Maybe we really should get back into the habbit of more frequent
releases. :-)  If that's ever been the case, I'm not sure.

Schedule LOG4NET-553 for 2.0.9?

Stefan

Re: Releasing 2.0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.