Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2003/04/29 19:23:38 UTC

RC3

Hi,

everybody okay with making the third (and last) release candidate
now (read: next days)

Documentaion: The last RC only had the "user docs" (first tab)
included but IMHO it makes sense to add the dev-docs (but not the
design docs which are ~1M compressed)
I will manually merge the sources from HEAD to maintenance branch
(if Victor gives the okay ;-)

Hyphenation (again..):  If I understood correctly pt.xml is ok
but needs to be added again with the right license (Jörg?)

Comments/anything else?

Christian

Re: RC3

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> BTW, I've pinged Jim Jagielski two weeks ago for a confirmation on the
> licence grant for Dansk hyph patterns (my "test case" for handling
> grants) but I haven't got an answer, yet. I'll try again shortly. Looks
> like all this takes a lot of stamina.
Ditto. I've tried to ping Alex "Achtung" Alishevskikh (who has created
hyph/ru.xml) but still no answer.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

Re: RC3

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 29.04.2003 19:23:38 Christian Geisert wrote:
> Hyphenation (again..):  If I understood correctly pt.xml is ok
> but needs to be added again with the right license (Jörg?)

BTW, I've pinged Jim Jagielski two weeks ago for a confirmation on the
licence grant for Dansk hyph patterns (my "test case" for handling
grants) but I haven't got an answer, yet. I'll try again shortly. Looks
like all this takes a lot of stamina.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: RC3

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Christian Geisert wrote:
> everybody okay with making the third (and last) release candidate
> now (read: next days)

+~1,000,000 (give or take a few)

> Documentaion: The last RC only had the "user docs" (first tab)
> included but IMHO it makes sense to add the dev-docs (but not the
> design docs which are ~1M compressed)

I don't know how large the dev-docs are, but I would think they aren't
necessary. If everything needed to run fop is included on the user side
(CLI, servlet/embedding, etc.), why add to the bandwidth on
xml.apache.org? fop-devs know where to get the dev information, and
they're probably the only ones who need them. (?)

> I will manually merge the sources from HEAD to maintenance branch
> (if Victor gives the okay ;-)

Cool! I love ALPHA^H^H^H^H^Release Candidate software!

;-p
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

RE: RC3

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Christian Geisert wrote:

> everybody okay with making the third (and last) release candidate
> now (read: next days)

+1

> Documentaion: The last RC only had the "user docs" (first tab)
> included but IMHO it makes sense to add the dev-docs (but not the
> design docs which are ~1M compressed)

I don't have a strong opinion about this. FWIW, I have been moving content
around between the user and dev areas, and I think we have a reasonably
clean separation now.
(I know a few spots in the user tab that still need some developer-ish
things removed.) On my list of things to do is the creation (through
Forrest) of a downloadable "User Manual" pdf and another "Developer Manual"
pdf (including the Design doc). I would actually like to put these on the
web site. At that point, it might actually make sense to remove all of the
doc from the distribution (??).

> I will manually merge the sources from HEAD to maintenance branch
> (if Victor gives the okay ;-)

Yes. That is fine. Both the user and dev areas should be pretty clean.
Design still needs some work.

> Hyphenation (again..):  If I understood correctly pt.xml is ok
> but needs to be added again with the right license (Jörg?)
>
> Comments/anything else?

It looks like my post about English hyphenation got crossed in the mail with
your message (I wonder if the server sometimes gets confused about what time
zone it is in). Please see it.

Victor Mote