Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/07/10 16:18:20 UTC

Re: problem opening generated Excel file in Excel (ATTN GLEN)

Grab a copy of the head if you're able.  Otherwise I suspect this has to do
with the bug we recently fixed which will be in 2.0-pre2... . Glen When is
this coming?

On 7/10/03 3:37 AM, "Xu, Liyu" <Li...@Dresdner-Bank.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use POI 1.10.0 to generate Excel file and write it out. The file has 20
> columns and many rows. This works fine, I don't have any problem to generate
> the file.
> My problem is, if the generated file is big (e.g. 1,4MB), Excel can not read
> it,
> giving the error dialog box: unable to read file. If the file ist smaller
> (e.g. 1MB), Excel can read it without problem. (I try to read the file both
> in Excel 97 and Excel 2000)
>
> Can anybody tell me why excel can not read the generated file?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Liyu

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

formats project

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Andy,

I am starting on some work on DWG (autocad) and DGN (Microstation) file
formats at work. I think this would be a great thing to do for our file
format project. Let me know whats going on with this.

Ryan

Re: problem opening generated Excel file in Excel (ATTN GLEN)

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
It would have been up last night but I discovered a problem with the
distribution at the 11th hour.  Will be attempting another run Real Soon
Now(tm).

Regards,

Glen

At 12:18 AM 11/07/2003, you wrote:
>Grab a copy of the head if you're able.  Otherwise I suspect this has to do
>with the bug we recently fixed which will be in 2.0-pre2... . Glen When is
>this coming?
>
>On 7/10/03 3:37 AM, "Xu, Liyu" <Li...@Dresdner-Bank.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I use POI 1.10.0 to generate Excel file and write it out. The file has 20
> > columns and many rows. This works fine, I don't have any problem to
> generate
> > the file.
> > My problem is, if the generated file is big (e.g. 1,4MB), Excel can not
> read
> > it,
> > giving the error dialog box: unable to read file. If the file ist smaller
> > (e.g. 1MB), Excel can read it without problem. (I try to read the file both
> > in Excel 97 and Excel 2000)
> >
> > Can anybody tell me why excel can not read the generated file?
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Liyu

>--
>Andrew C. Oliver
>http://www.superlinksoftware.com/poi.jsp
>Custom enhancements and Commercial Implementation for Jakarta POI
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
>For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au