Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yuktisinghal <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 11:02:08 UTC

Re: soTimeout ignored by camel http component

In my current application camel is used as an intermediate queue
for handling the request.when my server is start up , we set up the
routes.In the routes we define define timeout .My routebuilder class is

from(consumerUri).to(TO_INFO).process(new CamelReceiveProcessor));

Here TO_INFO = jetty://${header.headerProducerURI}?httpClient.timeout=15000

And the header.headerPrpducerURI is passed at runtime.

But that timeout is set for all the requests.

I want to override this value of timeout dynamically with each request.

How to do it???

Also, i tried not setting it at configure method but passing it through
Exchange.HTTPURI OR Exchange.HTTPQUERY.But as mentioned
Above it was completely ignored.it does not gives timeout exception.

So my query is how can we override already set settings like timeout
During run time ??

Re: soTimeout ignored by camel http component

Posted by yuktisinghal <yu...@gmail.com>.
In my application camel version is 2.14, i tried using EIN BU

ut i am not getting how ti use it for setting timeout fir each request.could
you please explain it with an example??

Re: soTimeout ignored by camel http component

Posted by Andreas Siepert <an...@gmail.com>.
You could pass the whole uri as header parameter. If i rember right this
works since 2.16 for to()  - if using an older version you could use the
EIP recipientList

Hope that helps
Andi