Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/12/24 04:46:02 UTC

S7 parameter and types unit tests

HI,

I’ve just added some unit tests for the S7 parameters and types. Not checked in yet as I’m not somewhere with phone reception so setting up 2FA is a little hard.

Just wondering if it’s worth the effort with the S7 types to check every enum value or just a couple to get the code coverage?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: S7 parameter and types unit tests

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> I’m a little bit lost. Can you provide some more context? Which class / package are you referring to?

I’ve just checked in some unit tests that should make it clearer take a look at this file [1] for instance.

Thanks,
Justin

PS I currently only have a few hours of slow  internet access a day so may be slow in responding.

PPS And yes those files I just checked in need Apache headers so I'll fix that.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/blob/master/plc4j/protocols/s7/src/test/java/org/apache/plc4x/java/isotp/netty/model/tpdus/IsotpModelTests.java

Re: S7 parameter and types unit tests

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

> Am 24.12.2017 um 05:46 schrieb Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>:
>
> HI,
>
> I’ve just added some unit tests for the S7 parameters and types. Not checked in yet as I’m not somewhere with phone reception so setting up 2FA is a little hard.
>
> Just wondering if it’s worth the effort with the S7 types to check every enum value or just a couple to get the code coverage?

I’m a little bit lost. Can you provide some more context? Which class / package are you referring to?

Regards,
Benedikt