Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Shankar K <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/14 08:38:30 UTC

Testing application that uses Trinidad PPR

Hi,

Can someone suggest a good Testing Tool that I could use to test UI pages
that heavily uses Trinidad components & its PPRs ?? Application is JSF 1.2 +
Seam in WAS 6.1. We are trying out with JSFUnit but it seems to have
limitations in handling PPR's and javascripts and we are also running into
issues when using in WAS + Seam environment.  The other alternative that we
are looking at is HtmlUnit.

Meanwhile, any suggestions? The goal is to test UI - load page, click
buttons, submit form, ppr request, javascript calls etc (i don't care about
the JSF capabilities at this point)

Thanks,
Shankar

Re: Testing application that uses Trinidad PPR

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Shankar K <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone suggest a good Testing Tool that I could use to test UI pages
> that heavily uses Trinidad components & its PPRs ?? Application is JSF 1.2 +
> Seam in WAS 6.1. We are trying out with JSFUnit but it seems to have
> limitations in handling PPR's and javascripts and we are also running into
> issues when using in WAS + Seam environment.  The other alternative that we
> are looking at is HtmlUnit.
>
> Meanwhile, any suggestions? The goal is to test UI - load page, click
> buttons, submit form, ppr request, javascript calls etc (i don't care about
> the JSF capabilities at this point)

have you already looked at selenium ?

-Matthias

--