Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 18:06:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons BCEL 6.3.1

The Apache Commons BCEL team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Commons BCEL 6.3.1!

The Byte Code Engineering Library (BCEL) is intended to give users a
convenient
way to analyze, create, and manipulate compiled .class files. Classes are
represented by objects containing all the symbolic information of the given
class: methods, fields and byte code instructions.

Bug fix release

FIXED BUGS:
===========

o BCEL-267: Race conditions on static fields in BranchHandle and
InstructionHandle. Thanks to Stephan Herrmann, Sebb, Gary Gregory, Torsten
Curdt.
o BCEL-297: Possible NPE in override implementation of Object.equals (#20)
Thanks to Mark Roberts, mingleizhang.
o BCEL-315: NullPointerException at
org.apache.bcel.classfile.FieldOrMethod.dump(). Thanks to Gary Gregory.

CHANGES:
========

o BCEL-298: Add some files to .gitignore (#19) Thanks to mingleizhang.

Download it from
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bcel/download_bcel.cgi

Have fun!
-Apache Commons BCEL team

Feedback
--------

Open source works best when you give feedback:

    http://commons.apache.org/bcel

Please direct all bug reports to JIRA:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL

Or subscribe to the commons-user mailing list

Gary Gregory, on behalf of the Apache Commons Team.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons BCEL 6.3.1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

I can't recall the details ATM and I don't want to take the time to look at
logs, but what matters IMO is that:

- The build is passing: https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-bcel
(incidentally, the Travis build uses -Ddoclint:none)
- You get appropriate warnings on the command line when you run 'mvn
javadoc:javadoc' and 'mvn clean install site'
- Warnings should be fixed, patches welcome.
- You can specify -Ddoclint:none on command lines if you want but it should
not be part of a default build since we want developers to be aware of
warnings, otherwise, they will never be fixed; out of sight, out of mind.

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu>.