Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by La...@itsprojects.com on 2002/10/02 14:05:33 UTC

jetspeed authentication using LDAP

Hi,
I am a new user to jetspeed. Has anyone replaced the database based user
authentication with LDAP based authentication? If so, can you please throw
some light on it?

Regards,
Lavanya

-----------------------Disclaimer------------------------

The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those
of the Company. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the
use of this medium to transmit information by or to
IT Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.

We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to
carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to
this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.

Re: jetspeed authentication using LDAP

Posted by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com>.
I am currently customizing
jetspeed/services/security/turbine/TurbineAuthentication.java
to send a SOAP message to a web service that interfaces with LDAP. Our
SOAP request contains username and password, and the SOAP response
returns a Success/Failure status code and some custom user information.
Using the SOAP web service allows us to keep our authentication
adaptable and independent of the portal and LDAP vendors. Has anyone
else attempted to authenticate via a SOAP web service?

 From what I understand from the Jetspeed security documentation, you do
not need to use the TurbineAuthentication. However, Turbine currently
fits well with Jetspeed, and this is why I am modifying
TurbineAuthentication.java as a start. I am interested in any other
Authentication implementations that the Jetspeed community feels will
replace Turbine.