Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/02/04 16:36:20 UTC

FW: the proposal about A Measurement Model of Document Interoperability

I had mentioned this work to Peter Kelly a couple of times, and finally got back in touch with the researcher in Beijing.

UOF is the Universal Office Format that was specified in China.  There have been efforts to harmonize UOF and ODF but I do not know the current state of any effort in that regard.

The work that caught my eye in 2013 was a model for metrics about feature preservation in inter-conversion, weighted by the incidence and importance of a given feature and its drilled-down finer details.  I have a meeting report about that at < https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201308/msg00003.html>.

-   Dennis

Posted by Edward Zimmermann <Ed...@cib.de>.
This seems extremely interesting. One of the ideas we've looked at was a kind of lint to check DOCX for features that don't map or don't map well to ODF. The idea was to be able to flag MS Office files that use features that won't do well round tripping through AOO/LO.
Been thinking of going from a negative list rather than trying to build a positive one...