Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by pushkar bhatia <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/11 00:16:14 UTC

axis 1.2, (/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) is not available.

Hi All,

I am new to AXIS and tomacat,right now i am working on
axis 1.2,and trying to install it on my tomcat,.I am
following the installation guide steps.I am through
till happyaxis.jsp,but when trying to see the list of
deployed Web services,i am getting the follwoing
error.
"(/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) is not available.'
I have checked in axis/WEB-INF/web.xml also and i have
commented
 <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/AxisServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
this part also ,still it is picking the same path
"axis/servlet/AxisServlet".

Please guide what needs to change to remove this
exception.
Thanx in advance.

waiting for help .

regards

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Re: axis 1.2, (/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) is not available.

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
See http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/building-axis.html#BuildingWithServlets
You need to keep servlet.jar in classpath while running ant to get
AxisServlet class.
No need of commenting stuff in web.xml.

-- venkat

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:16:14 -0800 (PST), pushkar bhatia
<pu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to AXIS and tomacat,right now i am working on
> axis 1.2,and trying to install it on my tomcat,.I am
> following the installation guide steps.I am through
> till happyaxis.jsp,but when trying to see the list of
> deployed Web services,i am getting the follwoing
> error.
> "(/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) is not available.'
[snipped]