Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/05/07 08:47:56 UTC

release plugin : what's wrong in my release process ?

Hello,

I'm planning my release process with help of the release plugin :

1. my project is version N-SNAPSHOT
2. running release:prepare tags my project as version N and commit POM for
N+1-SNAPSHOT
3. running release:perform creates the binary distribution from tag
4. I deploy the binary to my validation server and start acceptance testing.
If all is OK, I can distribute the release
5. If anything is wrong, running release:rollback reverts to N-SNAPSHOT and
I can fix the code and go back to step 1. I just rename the Tag in SVN to
"N-rcX"

Looks good to me, but according to the documentation, release:perform
removes the release.properties and pom.backup files, so I'll not be able to
run the rollback.

Any suggestion ?

Nicolas.

Re: release plugin : what's wrong in my release process ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
I've created MRELEASE-341 and committed the associated release:stage Mojo

please review.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.