Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ken Arnold <ar...@moonhill.org> on 2002/09/04 19:51:42 UTC

rc.d scripts for socket server

Before I re-invent this particular wheel, does someone have an
/etc/rc.d script for starting up the socket server (for RedHat Linux in
my case, but any starting point could help)?

		Ken

Re: rc.d scripts for socket server

Posted by Ken Arnold <ar...@moonhill.org>.
On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 01:51  PM, Ken Arnold wrote:

> Before I re-invent this particular wheel, does someone have an
> /etc/rc.d script for starting up the socket server (for RedHat Linux
> in my case, but any starting point could help)?

Okay, I'm impatient.  Getting no answer after waiting ten whole
minutes, I started to write one.  Here's what I have, and it seems to
work for me.  Attached find an log4j script for /etc/rc.d/init.d, a
log4jd script for runing the thing (the rc functions don't like things
that start of "java -classpath ...") and a java file for
/etc/sysconfig.  Any feedback would be welcome.

		Ken