Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Frank Ritchie <fr...@frankritchie.com> on 2007/02/26 04:22:14 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 stack trace

Hi all, some help on the following stack trace would
be appreciated.

Relevant info:

Red Hat Enterprise 4

Apache 2:

httpd-2.0.46-57.ent

Httpd is crashing quite frequently on a server.

The stack trace is always:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00442067 in ___newselect_nocancel () from
/lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x010056d9 in cm_sleep () from
/usr/local/netegrity/webagent/bin/libmod_sm20.so
#2  0x01006b8e in ConnectionService () from
/usr/local/netegrity/webagent/bin/libmod_sm20.so
#3  0x00360dd8 in start_thread () from
/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
#4  0x00448d1a in clone () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

------------------------

To my untrained eyes this appears to be related to
spawning a new thread.

If correct, could increasing Max Threads help or just
make the situation worse?

Thanks,
Frank

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 stack trace

Posted by Tom Donovan <do...@bellatlantic.net>.
The crashing module is CA SiteMinder (it was called "Netegrity SiteMinder" before CA acquired
Netegrity) - so it is apparently a SiteMinder problem, not an Apache problem.

You are more likely to get useful help from CA than from Apache folks for your libmod_sm20 module.

Regards,
-tom-