Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Pouria Pirzadeh <po...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/12 06:39:06 UTC

Function Change

Hi,

Is reg-exp@2 function now renamed to (or replaced with) matches@2 ?
If yes, then what is regexp_contains@2 function ?
Can matches@2 and regexp_contains@2 be used interchangeably ?

Is there a place (documentation) that captures such function changes ? It
is painful as a query that has been working for 3 years against the system,
suddenly starts breaking after a binary update with an undefined function
error.

Thanks.
Pouria

Re: Function Change

Posted by Yingyi Bu <bu...@gmail.com>.
Pouria,

   reg-exp might be the only function that we throw away,  because (1) it
does the same thing as matches(...)  and (2) the name is confusing.
   Other than that, I don't think we removed any AQL functions:-)
   Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Yingyi

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Pouria Pirzadeh <pouria.pirzadeh@gmail.com