Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michael Strecker <mi...@travelviva.de> on 2010/10/05 17:07:13 UTC

Breadcrumbs in conjunction with forms

Hello list,

I stumbled across another issue working with Wicket. I'm using a form on a
page, and I'd like to add breadcrumbs to this page as well. The problem
here: Once I add breadcrumbs, the page will not render properly after the
form is submitted. It will stop rendering just after the first breacrumb,
meaning the HTML-output will show me the breadcrumb, and the rest of the
page is empty. It seems Wicket is unable to provide the remaining components
of the page, but there's no error message at all. What can I do?

Best
Michael

Re: Breadcrumbs in conjunction with forms

Posted by Michael Strecker <mi...@travelviva.de>.
Resolved the issue. We have our own breadcrumbs, and therefore a non standard
way to use the Wicket API. We were passing around Wicket components in code
and reusing them on multiple pages. This didn't go well with our
custom-written behaviors.

Thanks for the debugging hint, after lots of digging we were finally able to
locate the culprit!

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
debug and see why it stops

-igor