Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2021/12/01 13:17:21 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-800: Add reason to LeaveGroupRequest

Hi all,

With 4 binding +1 votes (Gwen, Mickael, Tom, Bill) and 1
non-binding +1 vote (Luke), the vote passes.

Thanks everyone!

Best,
David

Posted by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Hi folks,

We have made a small change to this KIP for the Apache Kafka
3.2 release.

When we tried to use this in Kafka Streams, we noted a significant
degradation of the performances, see [1]. It is not clear whether the
prefixing is the root cause of the issue or not. To be on the safe side,
we have removed the prefixing. It does not bring much anyway as
we are still able to distinguish a custom reason from the default one.

[1] https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/11873

Best,
David