Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Seliverstov Igor <gv...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/22 09:56:28 UTC

New SQL engine, review/feedback request

Hi guys,

Some of you know, I'm working on a brand new Calcite based SQL engine.

So, now I have some intermediate results and need a feedback from community.

A feature branch with a concept of a module is ignite-12248 <https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/ignite-12248>. The module is going to be continuously enhanced with new functionality.

I’ll appreciate If you share your thoughts.

Additionally a next patch required a review:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12448 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12448>
https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/7272 <https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/7272>

There are quite a lot of changes because I'm still trying to find a best way of how to organize the engine parts cross dependencies and code in general.

Regards,
Igor

Re: New SQL engine, review/feedback request

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Igor,

Thanks for driving this activity! I hope someone more prominent in SQL
subsystem will take a look at the execution logic. From my side, I left a
comment regarding the code structure in the ticket.