Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/23 15:20:03 UTC

MapReduce job not running - i think i keep all correct configuration.

Hi all,

first i have a machine with all the demons are running on it. after that i
added two data nodes. In this case MR job working fine.

Now i changed the first machine to just namenode by stopping all the demons
except NN demon. and changed i data node to (SNN.JT,DN,TT) and all are
working. i keep the other data node like that only.

I changed the configurations to link up the NN and JT.

>From here when i tried to run MR job this is not running ..

Please help Me. Thanks

--
 Pavan Kumar Polineni

Re: MapReduce job not running - i think i keep all correct configuration.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

i solved it. due to some cluster id prob . Thanks for support

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
Do you see any problem in JT or TT for Job not running?

Thanks
Devaraj K

after checking the config in one Mapred-site.xml i keep replication factor of 1 instead of 2. after changing this i restarted all the demons . But still the problem exits. Can you come to gtalk i can explain you more. Thanks ..

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>> wrote:
Hi Pavan,

I assure you this configuration works. The problem is very likely in your configuration files. Please look them over once again. Also did you restart your daemons after changing the configuration? Some configurations necessarily require a restart.

Ravi.

________________________________

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi ravi,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi ravi,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi ravi,

Posted by Pavan Kumar Polineni <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi ravi,

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Pavan,

I assure you this configuration works. The problem is very likely in your configuration files. Please look them over once again. Also did you restart your daemons after changing the configuration? Some configurations necessarily require a restart.

Ravi.

________________________________
first i have a machine with all the demons are running on it. after that i added two data nodes. In this case MR job working fine.

Now i changed the first machine to just namenode by stopping all the demons except NN demon. and changed i data node to (SNN.JT,DN,TT) and all are working. i keep the other data node like that only.

I changed the configurations to link up the NN and JT.

From here when i tried to run MR job this is not running ..

Please help Me. Thanks

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Pavan,

I assure you this configuration works. The problem is very likely in your configuration files. Please look them over once again. Also did you restart your daemons after changing the configuration? Some configurations necessarily require a restart.

Ravi.

________________________________
first i have a machine with all the demons are running on it. after that i added two data nodes. In this case MR job working fine.

Now i changed the first machine to just namenode by stopping all the demons except NN demon. and changed i data node to (SNN.JT,DN,TT) and all are working. i keep the other data node like that only.

I changed the configurations to link up the NN and JT.

From here when i tried to run MR job this is not running ..

Please help Me. Thanks

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Pavan,

I assure you this configuration works. The problem is very likely in your configuration files. Please look them over once again. Also did you restart your daemons after changing the configuration? Some configurations necessarily require a restart.

Ravi.

________________________________
first i have a machine with all the demons are running on it. after that i added two data nodes. In this case MR job working fine.

Now i changed the first machine to just namenode by stopping all the demons except NN demon. and changed i data node to (SNN.JT,DN,TT) and all are working. i keep the other data node like that only.

I changed the configurations to link up the NN and JT.

From here when i tried to run MR job this is not running ..

Please help Me. Thanks

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Pavan,

I assure you this configuration works. The problem is very likely in your configuration files. Please look them over once again. Also did you restart your daemons after changing the configuration? Some configurations necessarily require a restart.

Ravi.

first i have a machine with all the demons are running on it. after that i added two data nodes. In this case MR job working fine.

Now i changed the first machine to just namenode by stopping all the demons except NN demon. and changed i data node to (SNN.JT,DN,TT) and all are working. i keep the other data node like that only.

I changed the configurations to link up the NN and JT.

From here when i tried to run MR job this is not running ..

Please help Me. Thanks
--
 Pavan Kumar Polineni