Posted to users@camel.apache.org by madhairsilence <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 19:23:24 UTC

Camel with Multiple types of Endpoints

Am having a service running in a Apache tomcat server. Am currently exposing
the service as  REST Service.

Now, we have decided to make it available for different types of clients.
Such that, the same service can be used as

1. Calling as REST Service
2. Pushing in a Queue
3. Call as Web Service
4. File/Multipart upload

and some other way mode of transport.

Can I have one single application, controlled by Camel , which can
understand all types of request and Route accordingly?

Can we achieve this!!!

Re: Camel with Multiple types of Endpoints

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de>.
Hi,

I forgo to add, that for sanity reasons (at least of your ops guys) you
want to run the
show inside a container. If that's a web container or an OSGi container
is up to you.
Personally I prefer OSGi, but that's just my preference.

Running in a container definitely makes it easier to enable management
access (in terms
of technical management, not your managers) for the routes you develop.

Definitely worth looking at http://hawt.io to see what you can get in
that area.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Mueller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Can you please subscribe to the discussion forum as we describe here [1].
Otherwise all your mails has to be moderate by the Camel team and is may
missed/delayed.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/discussion-forums.html

Thanks in advance,
Christian