Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Rick Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 01:27:39 UTC

The RocketMQ-JMS project weekly schedule report

After the discussion <https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/issues/1> of
releasing a few versions supporting essential JMS features earlier or
releasing a milestone version supporting protocol fully, we reach a trade-off
solution
<https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/issues/1#issuecomment-273009967>,
and the main design points are as below:

1. doesn't change any RMQ-Client code in RocketMQ-JMS project,which means
just use RMQ-Client to archive our target at present.

2. if really need some extra functionality, creating issue onto RMQ Jira.

3. refactor current implement of simply delegating to
DefaultPushConsumer/DefaultMQProducer. They are so high that make it's
difficult to control and conform to JMS spec,especially Connection/Session
layer and thread model.

So after looking into more inner details of RMQ-Client and JMS, I create
another issue [DISCUSS] Early draft about refactoring current DefaultXXX
implement <https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/issues/6> and try to
write some codes to illustrate/prove this new thought. This work is still
in progress.

In addition to the thing above, we did some other works too, such as fix
the bug about consume offset, optimize more integration tests, and so on.
In a word, we are trying to promote this project, but we still have lots
more to work on for the first release version.

BTW, one week later we are going to celebrate the spring festival and last
for another week. So this project may have little progress in the next half
a month :-)