Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/12/05 09:58:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Hi all,
     I've created the first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.3. This is our next maint release to follow up 2.8.2. It includes 79 important fixes and improvements.

      The RC artifacts are available at: http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.3-RC0

      The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.3-RC0

      The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1072

      Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 working days, ending on 12/12/2017 PST time.

Thanks,

Junping

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks to all who verified and voted!

I give my binding +1 to conclude the vote for 2.8.3 RC0, based on:
- Build from source and verify signatures
- Deploy pseudo-distributed cluster and run some simple job, like: pi, sleep, etc.
- Verify UI of daemons, like: NameNode, DataNode, ResourceManager, NodeManager, etc

- Verify rolling upgrade features from 2.7.4, include MR over distributed cache, NM restart with work preserving, etc.

Now, we have:

8 binding +1s, from:
     Eric Payne, Jason Lowe, Jian He, Wangda Tan, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G, Naganarasimha Garla, Junping Du

5 non-binding +1s, from:
    Brahma Reddy Battula, Kuhu Shukla, Ajay Kumar, Eric Badger, Chandni Singh

and no -1s.

So I am glad to announce that the vote of 2.8.3 RC0 passes.

Thanks everyone listed above who tried the release candidate and vote and all who ever help with 2.8.3 release effort in all kinds of ways.
I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.8.3 soon.

Thanks,

Junping

________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sunil G <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1 (Binding)

Built from source and deployed non-secure 3 node cluster
Verified for
- RM HA/RM Restart/RM work preserving restart
- NM work preserving restart
- Ran sample MR and Distributed shell jobs.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding) Thanks for driving this, Junping!!

- downloaded the src tarball and verified md5 checksum
- built from source with jdk 1.8.0_111-b14
- brought up a pseudo distributed cluster
- did basic file system operations (mkdir, list, put,rmr) and
confirmed that everything was working
- Run word count, pi and DFSIOTest
- run hdfs and yarn, confirmed that the NN, RM web UI worked

Cheers,
Ajay

On 12/12/17, 8:38 AM, "Jason Lowe" <jl...@oath.com.INVALID> wrote:

    Thanks for driving this release, Junping!

    +1 (binding)

    - Verified signatures and digests
    - Successfully performed native build from source
    - Deployed a single-node cluster
    - Ran some test jobs and examined the logs

    Jason

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Eric for verification!

A kindly reminder: The original due date for 2.8.3 voting is tomorrow but I only receive 1 binding vote so far - we have 76 PMCs and 127 Committers!

I can understand the whole community are busy with 3 release RC voting (2.7.5, 2.8.3 and 3.0.0) and may be it is necessary to extend the voting period for a few more days. But please try as much as possible to verify our release bits. Thanks!

Thanks,

Junping?

________________________________

Posted by Kuhu Shukla <ks...@oath.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding.
 - Built and installed from source on a pseudo distributed cluster.
 - Ran sample jobs like wordcount, sleep etc.
 - Ran Tez 0.9 sample jobs.

Regards,
Kuhu

Posted by Kuhu Shukla <ks...@oath.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding.

Posted by Kuhu Shukla <ks...@oath.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding.

Posted by Kuhu Shukla <ks...@oath.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Sunil G <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
Oops, the vote was meant for 2.7.5. Sorry for the confusion.

 My 2.8.3 vote coming up shortly.

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding).

Built from source and deployed a cluster, jobs can run successfully.

Thanks Junping for driving this.

Best,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding).

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding).

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding).

Posted by Chandni Singh <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chandni Singh <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chandni Singh <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chandni Singh <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
John

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
John

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
John

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
John

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Junping

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Junping

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Junping

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Junping

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

      The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org<http://repository.apache.org> at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1072

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Junping,

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sunil G <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Junping,

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1 (Binding)