Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Weiske <cw...@cweiske.de> on 2003/07/19 22:17:36 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite: rewrite URLs with parameter

Hi

I'm trying to rewrite URLs from .htm to .php, including the parameter
like "?param=value".

State:
I've got the urls "/birthday.htm", "/php_gtk.htm" and so on.
They are all rewritten to "/index.php?page={htm_page_name}"

Now the problem is, if I call a page like "/birthday.htm?order=desc", it
is rewritten to
"/index.php?page=birthday.htm".
I'd like it to have it rewritten to
"/index.php?page=birthday.htm&order=desc".

The problem is, that the parameters are not included in the url which
can be rewritten in the .htacces by mod_rewrite.

Do you know a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Christian Weiske
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      Christian Weiske
     cweiske@cweiske.de
       www.cweiske.de
Always forgetting birthdays? Try birthday reminder!
http://www.cweiske.de/birthday.htm
Free & fast ecards: http://ecards.cweiske.de

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite: rewrite URLs with parameter

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

you will have to use the query string variable. I think it is %{QUERY_STRING}

Jurgen