Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/22 01:11:23 UTC

Building hbase trunk: mvn site fails

Hi all,

I'm trying to build hbase-trunk. While "mvn package" succeeds,
trying to build a tarball with "mvn site" fails with the following plugin
error:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoNotFoundException: Could not find
goal 'dependency-info' in plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.4 among
available goals distribution-management, index, dependencies, help,
issue-tracking, plugins, cim, license, dependency-management, mailing-list,
project-team, dependency-convergence, scm, plugin-management, modules,
summary

As a newbie, I'm not sure how to handle this.
Could you please redirect me to the right place to ask this/ suggest
possible fixes or any further information I could provide?

Thanks for the help!
--
Bharath Ravi

Re: Building hbase trunk: mvn site fails

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointers! Setting my maven.site.version to 2.4 seems to fix
this issue for me.

This is with a fresh install of maven 3.0.4 (clean repos) on Ubuntu 12.04,
on a clean checkout of
hbase trunk.

I referred to a similar issue from a few weeks back that suggested changing
the maven.*site*.version in the main pom.xml:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/EvdAe1F1NlO/mvn+site+dependency-info&subj=+mvn+site+command+can+t+work

Thanks again!
--
Bharath Ravi

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
What version of maven?  What OS?  Works for me w/ maven 3.0.4 on macosx.
 Others have reported issues and have figured workarounds.  Try searching
mailing list archive.  Start w/ the search box at top right hand corner of
hbase.apache.org.

Yours,
St.Ack