Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ted Haynes <ed...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/18 04:03:08 UTC

JMS Connection Factory and Queue

When I setup my custom Connection Factory and Queue, I created a resource
adapter xml file and then deployed it using the following command:

java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy
jms-resource-plan.xmlrepository/activemq/rars/activemq-
ra-3.2.1.rar

In my plan file, I have the parent id as follows:

parentId="geronimo/activemq/1.0/car"

But the examples on the
http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/jms-resource.html site use
parentId="geronimo/activemq-broker/1.0/car". I tried using the
activemq-broker and while service deployed, my JMS messages were never
picked up by my MDB. When I changed the parentId to activemq (instead of
activemq-broker), everything worked fine.

My questions are as follows: What is the difference between the two
parentId's? And when would I want to use one over the other? Why doesnt
using activemq-broker work for me but it is used for the examples?

I am running geronimo 1.0.