Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org> on 2005/02/22 14:57:01 UTC

Simple question about Quartz Scheduler.

Hello.

I'm using the embedded quart scheduler in my application. I wonder if
it's possible to launch a task only once, at startup?

Rgds.

--
Aurélien

Re: Simple question about Quartz Scheduler.

Posted by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org>.
Hello

Adam Walsh wrote:
<snip/>
> If you're wanting to do something at startup, one option would be to
> write an Avalon component that implements Configurable, although if
> you're not a Java developer that could be difficult...

I've found a ugly solution for the moment:

Lanching a task every minut, task calling a pipeline calling a
flowscript which:
1) Create the other tasks I want to run and doing the stuff
2) Kills the tasks who launch the flowscript.

I've found the idea in the cron block, It works well.

Rgds.

Re: Simple question about Quartz Scheduler.

Posted by Adam Walsh <aw...@contal.net.au>.

Posted by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.