Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/11 23:32:26 UTC

creating a mirror of central?

I can't seem to find info anywhere on this: how do you mirror the maven
2 central repo? I know about maven-proxy but that doesn't seem to
alleviate the problem of going to server to check for something that
isn't in it.

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: creating a mirror of central?

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
Well, maven-proxy seems to do most of what I need it to do. I wanted to
set up a local one here so that anyone in the office can use that
instead of the central repo. We will also have our own repo for our
private releases/snapshots. But there are some things that are not kept
in the central repo and since it checks the central repo first when
doing anything it seems to slow things down a little bit. If it were
internal the response time would be much higher. The only reason I have
for not jumping on maven-proxy is that I request something that is not
in central it will still have to check central to make sure so it won't
fail fast for things that aren't in the repo. Correct? Otherwise
maven-proxy would be fine. I was thinking something along the lines of
using rsync to synchronize nightly or something.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.