Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Brangs, Erik" <E....@dnb.de> on 2023/06/27 13:10:26 UTC

When will the next version from the 3.x line be available?

Hi,

version 2.0.28 of PDFBox was released recently. Will there also be a new version from the 3.x line in the near future?

Andreas Lehmkühler mentioned a possible beta1 release last month ( https://lists.apache.org/thread/0bgg6pd4d48qd49bxsdgvb9vsxr9r3v6 ).

We are interested in the 3.x line because of the reduced memory usage and because it is tested on newer Java versions.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Erik Brangs
*** Suchen. Finden. Entdecken. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek ***

--
Erik Brangs
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek

Re: When will the next version from the 3.x line be available?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 27.06.23 um 15:10 schrieb Brangs, Erik:
> Hi,
>
> version 2.0.28 of PDFBox was released recently. Will there also be a new version from the 3.x line in the near future?

First of all there will be another 2.0 release, hopefully tomorrow

> Andreas Lehmkühler mentioned a possible beta1 release last month ( https://lists.apache.org/thread/0bgg6pd4d48qd49bxsdgvb9vsxr9r3v6 ).

Yes, due to some personal issues I had to postpone the 3.0 release. Once
the 2.0.29 ist out I'm going to target the first beta of 3.0

Andreas