Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 16:46:44 UTC

Latest Api

  Where can I find out information on the latest hadoop api? Are the
examples here using the latest?
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html

I am trying to go through all the example classes bundled w/ hadoop but
I keep seeing the api change so I am unsure of which to go with. For
example.. Context or Reporter? Thanks

Re: Latest Api

Posted by Robin Müller <Ro...@1und1.de>.
Hi,

these examples all uses the old API, but if you download the release,
there are examples include that uses the current API. Just have a look
into the folder src/examples.
And btw. reporter belongs to the old API, Context to the new one.

Greetings,
Robin

Re: Latest Api

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
  On 8/19/10 7:46 AM, Mark wrote:
>  Where can I find out information on the latest hadoop api? Are the
> examples here using the latest?
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html
>
> I am trying to go through all the example classes bundled w/ hadoop
> but I keep seeing the api change so I am unsure of which to go with.
> For example.. Context or Reporter? Thanks
Mapper or MapReduceBase?
Configuration or JobConf?

Thanks