Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Schubart <mi...@schubart.net> on 2003/06/24 01:11:10 UTC

Harry Potter and the Secret of the Maven Mailing List

Good morning,

I bet you're all dying to hear how my quest of getting unsubscribed from
maven-user is proceeding. Well, here's an update of what I've tried:

* users-help@maven.apache.org (mentioned as help address in the headers):
Got the reply: "This is a generic help message. The message I received
wasn't sent to any of my command addresses."

* users-owner@maven.apache.org: No reply.

* users@maven.apache.org: No reply.

To be continued...
Michael

PS: In all seriousness, please someone tell me what I need to do in order
to get unsubscribed. Thanks.

Posted by Michael Schubart <mi...@schubart.net>.
Brett:

There was a filter on my server that somehow swallowed the "confirm
unsubscribe" message. I fixed that and I think I will be able to
unsubscribe now.

Thanks for your hint and sorry for pestering everybody.

Bye,
Michael

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 19:11, Michael Schubart wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I bet you're all dying to hear how my quest of getting unsubscribed from
> maven-user is proceeding. Well, here's an update of what I've tried:

> * users-help@maven.apache.org (mentioned as help address in the headers):
> Got the reply: "This is a generic help message. The message I received
> wasn't sent to any of my command addresses."
>
> * users-owner@maven.apache.org: No reply.
>
> * users@maven.apache.org: No reply.
>
> To be continued...
> Michael
>
> PS: In all seriousness, please someone tell me what I need to do in order
> to get unsubscribed. Thanks.

In all probability if you have tried this a couple times then it's more
than likely a problem on your end. Ezmlm which we use here at apache
does not commonly crap out.

Your <mi...@schubart.net> is the address you originally subscribed
with?

jvz.