Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Laurentiu Trica <la...@finalfolder.biz> on 2010/08/17 12:43:13 UTC

Problem with page being redirected/loaded over and over again

Hello,

I followed the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+and+localized+URLs
 tutorial.
I have, since, a problem with my homepage.

It gets from "/" to "/en" and then to "/en/welcome" and back again to "/",
then "/en" and "/en/welcome".

The first redirect is correct as I want it to go to a locale aware URL - as
the tutorial sais. So from "/" to "/en" is perfect.
The second redirect is correct as well because it's done from the
application class.
I have the getHomePage() which returns a HomePage class which makes a
redirect (as in the following code) to a LoginPage which is mounted as
"welcome".

public HomePage() {
    setRedirect(true);
    setResponsePage(LoginPage.class);
}

The problem is that after the second correct redirect, somehow, the chain
continues.
There is another redirect to "/", which seems to have as referrer the
"/en/welcome" page.

Is there anything I can do about this? I spent a whole day trying to figure
out the problem but I didn't.
Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Laurentiu Trica

Re: Problem with page being redirected/loaded over and over again

Posted by Laurentiu Trica <la...@finalfolder.biz>.
Thanks, it seems I had an iframe which behaved badly after applying the
locale URL coding strategy from the tutorial.
Instead of <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id='moviiframe' src="">,
the output was <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id='moviiframe'
src="../"> which led to a call to "localhost:8080/" which led to the other
requests.

In fact they weren't redirects, they were continuous requests.

Sorry if this was off topic but at first I thought it had something to do
with wicket.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>wrote:

> is your homepage mounted on /welcome? maybe you did not correctly
> implement the url coding strategy, make sure it encodes your homepage
> as /en/welcome and not as /
>
> just guessing since you didnt show any code. feel free to create a
> quickstart that reproduces the issue and attach it to a jira ticket.
>
> -igor
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Laurentiu Trica
> <la...@finalfolder.biz> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I followed the
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+and+localized+URLs
> >  tutorial.
> > I have, since, a problem with my homepage.
> >
> > It gets from "/" to "/en" and then to "/en/welcome" and back again to
> "/",
> > then "/en" and "/en/welcome".
> >
> > The first redirect is correct as I want it to go to a locale aware URL -
> as
> > the tutorial sais. So from "/" to "/en" is perfect.
> > The second redirect is correct as well because it's done from the
> > application class.
> > I have the getHomePage() which returns a HomePage class which makes a
> > redirect (as in the following code) to a LoginPage which is mounted as
> > "welcome".
> >
> > public HomePage() {
> >    setRedirect(true);
> >    setResponsePage(LoginPage.class);
> > }
> >
> > The problem is that after the second correct redirect, somehow, the chain
> > continues.
> > There is another redirect to "/", which seems to have as referrer the
> > "/en/welcome" page.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do about this? I spent a whole day trying to
> figure
> > out the problem but I didn't.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Laurentiu Trica

Laurentiu Trica
Software Developer             Mobile: (+40) 722 329318
S.C MoreDevs S.R.L.          Email: laurentiu.trica@finalfolder.biz

This message can contain privileged or confidential information and it is
intended only for addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly
prohibited.

Re: Problem with page being redirected/loaded over and over again

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.