Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 22:57:35 UTC

1.5 Release Timeline

Hi All,

I know its the perennial question, but do you have a feeling for the
release date for Velocity 1.5, am working up to a minor Click release
and want to know if I should have it follow the Velocity 1.5 release.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: 1.5 Release Timeline

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
I'm not sure a beta3 will be necessary unless there are further
delays.  Looking at JIRA, all replicatable bugs have been resolved and
all issues with patches (save 1) have been added.  We should go
straight for rc1.

And yes, I'd be glad to be spokesperson for press inquiries.  Henning
and I attended a workshop at ApacheCon on publicizing open source
projects-- having a single spokesperson for the press was one of the
key recommendations.

WILL

On 1/3/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:
> "Malcolm Edgar" <ma...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >Hi All,
>
> >I know its the perennial question, but do you have a feeling for the
> >release date for Velocity 1.5, am working up to a minor Click release
> >and want to know if I should have it follow the Velocity 1.5 release.
>
> You are not the only one. Arnaud (of Maven 1 fame) is nagging on IRC ;-)
>
> Well, I will on holidays starting February 2nd. And I would love to
> get it out before that. Considering the fact that we will need ~10
> days for the release procedure, we should set us a timeline for the
> CfV.
>
> I'd suggest the 22th of January for the CfV.
>
> If we want to get out another beta, we must do this no later than a
> week before. Let's say the 15th for CfV for a possible beta3/rc1.
>
> Alternatively someone else will do the release in February / I can do
> it mid-March (which I'd really like to avoid).
>
> Everything that is not fixed by then will miss the release and go for
> 1.6 which I'd expect to come out no later than three months
> afterwards.
>
> Will: What we would need is to start to liason with the PRC for a
> press release and probably a contact person for inquiries. With me out
> of the picture for four weeks, I'd like to ask you to volunteer for
> that. ;-)
>
> Opinions?
>
>        Best regards
>                Henning
>

> --
> Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
> 91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
> Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy
>
>          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com