Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Rex X <dn...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/19 20:46:09 UTC

How to work around non-executive /tmp with Hive in Parquet+Snappy compression?

The local /tmp is non-executive configured by admin.

When we do a "select ...limit 10" query on Hive, it copied some file to
/tmp, and tried  to execute it. But since the /tmp is non-executive, I
always bumped out of the Hive shell with some binding error.

What is the setting to change this /tmp work folder to other directory?

Re: How to work around non-executive /tmp with Hive in Parquet+Snappy compression?

Posted by Rex X <dn...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to bump this thread again.

Got following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/snappy-1.0.4.1-libsnappyjava.so: /tmp/
snappy-1.0.4.1-libsnappyjava.so: failed to map segment from shared object:
Operation not permited

Based on the following post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-user/201312.mbox/%3C52C1DEC4.2080904@cj.com%3E

I need to set following option for Hive:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS
-Dorg.xerial.snappy.tempdir=/path/that/allows/executables"

Any tips how?

Regards,
Rex

Posted by Rex X <dn...@gmail.com>.