Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Michele <mi...@finconsgroup.com> on 2015/10/24 18:27:07 UTC

FTP Component Consumer

Hi everyone,after much research, I need your assistance and best practices
for my problem. I'm drawing the system architecture related to this scenario
that is a small part of the entire project:Several customers can upload file
on FTP Server that will be downloaded via ESB and then will be processed.I
use JBoss Fuse like ESB that integrates Apache Camel.So, best practices for
to do this:1. Unique upload folder for all customers and so unique endpoint
consumer (from)? How is managed the concurrency? How to configure it?2. One
upload folder for each customer and single router (In the same RouteBuilder
from(uri1).from(uri2)...from(urin).to(...) ) is this thread-safe?3. One
upload folder and one Router for each customer ( For n customer -> n Router
where will be defined  from(uri_i).to(...) ) Which of these options? or any
idea? What is the best configuration?The option readLock can be used to
force Apache Camel not to consume files that are currently in the process of
being written. Perfect or to do anything else?What should I do to make the
application scalable? Clustering? How to change the configuration?Thanks in
advance.GreetingMichele

Re: FTP Component Consumer

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michelle,

If you look to the camel.apache.org project, you will be able to discover
the documentation about the ftp component and many answers to your
questions like the FTP consumer is not thread safe, ... :

http://camel.apache.org/ftp2.html

Regards,

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Michele <mi...@finconsgroup.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,after much research, I need your assistance and best practices
> for my problem. I'm drawing the system architecture related to this
> scenario
> that is a small part of the entire project:Several customers can upload
> file
> on FTP Server that will be downloaded via ESB and then will be processed.I
> use JBoss Fuse like ESB that integrates Apache Camel.So, best practices for
> to do this:1. Unique upload folder for all customers and so unique endpoint
> consumer (from)? How is managed the concurrency? How to configure it?2. One
> upload folder for each customer and single router (In the same RouteBuilder
> from(uri1).from(uri2)...from(urin).to(...) ) is this thread-safe?3. One
> upload folder and one Router for each customer ( For n customer -> n Router
> where will be defined  from(uri_i).to(...) ) Which of these options? or any
> idea? What is the best configuration?The option readLock can be used to
> force Apache Camel not to consume files that are currently in the process
> of
> being written. Perfect or to do anything else?What should I do to make the
> application scalable? Clustering? How to change the configuration?Thanks in
> advance.GreetingMichele

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer & PMC / Architect @RedHat