Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Holton <ho...@mbi.ucla.edu> on 2005/06/22 23:20:50 UTC

[users@httpd] htaccess on nfs mounted disks

Any help is much appreciated.

using: Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora)

I cannot find documentation regardling mounted disk space. My httpd.conf
has the proper redirects to display html from users home directories on
NFS mounted disk space.

.htaccess files respond normally when placed inside the local server disk
space.  However, they are ignored if located on the NFS mounted disk
space. I tried the following in the httpd.conf file, as well:

 <Directory /explicit/path/to/user/public_html/tmp>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig
</Directory>

where the /explicit/path/to/user is the NFS path, but this made no difference.

Is there some reason the NFS mounted dirs are behaving so differently?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Holton
..