Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Donati <fe...@donati.com.br> on 2003/10/09 00:59:55 UTC

Content Management

Hi all,

I'm new to Tapestry and although I've managed to develop a few simple
apps I'm pretty sure I've only scratched the surface of its potential.
I'm using Cayenne as well, and so far they've been working great
together. Coming from a WebObjects background it wasn't that hard to
understand the logic of the two frameworks.

However, I'm starting to develop a simple content management system and
I would like to know if there are any implementations of such a system
using tapestry.

One thought that has crossed my mind, but I don't really know if that's
possible, is to dynamically set templates to pages. For instance, a
page with a pulldown with several templates (html) options, and each
time a template is chosen I change the .page file to use the chosen
.html file as it's template. Is that possible?

If there are previous threads that discuss the subject of creating such
a system I would really appreciate if you pointed them out to me. I did
take a look at the archives but I was unable to find anything there.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Fernando Donati