Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Leonard <RL...@Opto22.com> on 2004/08/11 17:39:59 UTC

Problem with Bayes.. SA 2.63

For some reason my SA installation has stopped using BAYES.. I'm not a linux
person, but I'm trying to learn.. So the problem here may be something
obvious to the rest of you.. The thing is that Bayes worked great for
probably a year now.. It's only recently that I've noticed it missing in my
SA results..

I have the /bayes directory set to 777, and within it I have _seen and _toks
set to 600..
_seen is owned by nobody and the group is nobody
_toks is owned by root and group is root

I see the problem appears to be one of permissions, but I don't know what
permission and where to look to fix it.

Thanks all!

Here is the errror I see in the maillog:
Aug 11 08:29:15 Spamkiller spamd[7227]: Cannot open bayes databases
/bayes/_* R/O: tie failed: Permission denied
Aug 11 08:29:18 Spamkiller spamd[2101]: connection from
localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] at port 48974
Aug 11 08:29:18 Spamkiller spamd[7239]: Still running as root: user not
specified with -u, not found, or set to root.  Fall back to nobody.

Re: Problem with Bayes.. SA 2.63

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:39 AM 8/11/2004, Robert Leonard wrote:
>I have the /bayes directory set to 777, and within it I have _seen and
>_toks set to 600..
>_seen is owned by nobody and the group is nobody
>_toks is owned by root and group is root
>
>I see the problem appears to be one of permissions, but I don't know what
>permission and where to look to fix it.

Are you forcing a global bayes_path in your local.cf?

If so, you must force bayes_file_mode to 777 in your local.cf as well...

If not, is "nobody" set to have the same home directory as root? Why?