Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/05/11 01:55:15 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Re: [jonas-team] [Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons-Discovery 0.3]]

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 09:56 -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any chance you can get us a JDK-compiled version?
>
> Alternatively, I can get the sources and build one myself.
>
> Is there a cvs tag for 0.3?

The "0.3 release candidate" posted by Rory at
  http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-discovery-0.3.jar
appears to have been built from the SVN HEAD.

It's only a release candidate; the vote to approve it has not yet
completed.

Jakarta-commons now uses subversion (not cvs) as its version control
system. You can get the latest code by:
  svn co
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper
     /discovery/trunk/
(the url is all one string)

You should be able to build it with the command:
  maven jar
or maybe
  ant jar

NB: Rory, I would personally suggest creating a tag by doing
  svn cp trunk tags/DISCOVERY_03_RC1
then building the release from that RC directory. After all, svn
tags/branches are very cheap. And I would also recommend calling the
resulting jar "commons-discovery-0.3-RC1.jar" until the vote passes. The
situation now is that there is a jar called commons-discovery-0.3.jar
floating around that may or may not be the same as the finally approved
jar of that name, and the jar may or may not be the same as the code in
SVN trunk; all potentially confusing. Note that this is just my personal
opinion..

Regards,

Simon